Friday, May 13, 2011

I love this Stationary Box!



Well, for my Mother-in-Law for Mothers' Day I really wanted to make her something. I came across this tutorial to make a Stationary Box and adapted it to her taste and what I had for supplies. I absolutely love this and can't wait to make more of them!

I'm not putting any instructions here as they are all explained so clearly in the tutorial. I did make some adaptations, though. I didn't make an address book and put less pockets.

 
It has 6 cards, a book of stamps, a cute little pen and a bunch of clear stickers with greetings on them for her to add to the cards before she sends them out.






 
The box is made using 12x12 card stock. The original instructions use only two pieces, but I used some extra patterns.  I also added velcro dots to help keep the box closed better and they work very well.
The cover is also made of cardstock. I used Mother's Day Bouquet for the flower embellishment (as well as for all the cards). The cover sits on top of the box to help keep it closed.


2 comments:

  1. Love it! I will put it on my summer project list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure she loved it! The birds at the bottom are a nice touch :)

    ReplyDelete

If you enjoyed my projects or have feedback I'd love your comments and always love new followers!